Dogs, often referred to as man’s best friend are deserving of optimal living conditions just like any other pet. When our dogs are treated with the best of life comfort, they grow to be happy, healthy and active dogs. A dog bed is also one of the basic factors that would form part of a dog’s whole wellbeing. Failing to get the right bed for your bed may result in bad posture and body aches for your dog. Points to note when deciding on the dog bed to purchase:
- Cost Of Bed: One important factor to note while selecting a dog bed is the cost of the bed. We should create a budget for the dog bed we would want to purchase. This way, we would have no reason to spend excessively and later have regrets. There are very many beautiful designs and sizes of beds in the market. Creating a budget helps you narrow down your options to making a choice.
- Size Of Bed: The Size of the bed also matters a lot when deciding on the dog bed to buy. TO get the best size, measure your dog from its nose to its tail; the best time to do so is when it is sleeping. If your dog is still a little puppy, you have to consider that it would still increase in size as it grows. The size of a puppy’s bed determines to a great extent the level of comfort it gets while sleeping.
- The shape of Dog Bed: The shape of the dog bed is also a very important point to check while buying a dog bed. You have to consider the corner where you would choose to place the dog bed and if the bed you want to buy fits in well. You also have to consider the needs of your dog. For instance, puppies would need nest beds, a dog who loves to curl could have a donut bed and dogs who are fond of digging should have a cave bed.
- Bed Material: The material used to build the dog bed should also be put into consideration. This would determine how much comfort our dog would enjoy when sleeping and how long this bed would serve you both. A well-padded bed would be a great choice as it would retain its shape and turgidity over time. A dog bed with waterproof features would also serve you better, as well as one made with eco-friendly materials. Also, get a bed that can be used for both indoor and outdoor functions.
- Durability: One major factor to consider when shopping is the durability of the product. This would ensure you get the total worth of your money spent. You should ensure the dog bed you are buying can withstand the effect of your dog’s regular habit of biting and digging, without sustaining damages.
- Age and Other Special Needs: One more important factor to note while choosing a dog bed is the age and health status of your dog. For instance, orthopedic beds can come in as very beneficial for a dog suffering from arthritis. If your dog is aged or has any special needs, you should put that into consideration while purchasing a dog bed.
- Style and Colour Of Bed: The style of the dog bed you want to purchase should also be considered. It would be nice if it fits with the interior decor of your home or your dog space, so it does not look out of place in the whole room setting.
Taking this step to get a dog bed for that dog you love is already a commendable gesture. You should follow the above guidelines to ensure it is done right. There are also different types of dog beds in the market.
Styles of dog beds include:
- Orthopedic Dog Beds: This type of dog bed is usually made for dogs with health issues especially muscle or bone problems. This type of bed helps relieve the level of pain experienced by your dog. They are also idle for dogs just recovery from injuries or old dogs. They are usually soft and gentle and some do come with additional heating properties.
- Donut Dog Beds: The donut dig bed works great for dogs that love to curl up in their beds. This type of dog bed is usually round or oval and has raised edges round. This is often the most common type of dog bed you would find while shopping. These beds are usually designed to be soft so your dog has maximum comfort and style.
- Caved Dog Beds: A caved do bed presents your dog with not just a platform for good sleep and rest, but also a fun object. These beds are built to sort off the cover of the dog the way a cave would do so your dog can always just jump in and jump out. It is also just like its own nest or tent where it can just lay up, away from everyone and have an amazing sleep.
- Heated Dog Beds: A heated bed works perfectly for your dog if it has a thin coat, is vulnerable to cold or if it is the cold weather and it becomes necessary to warm it up. These heated beds work like heated blankets; designed to be able to heat your dog as it lays in it. This would prevent your dog from having hypothermia. It is also great for dogs with joint pains.
- Elevated Dog Beds: An elevated Dog bed is raised from the floor with several inches. The major reason is to protect your dog from insects, pests, dirt, a hot or a cold hard floor. These beds are usually raised by metal pillars. They are the most suitable for our door dog beds. This way you can still afford to give your dog the best of comfort even when outside. These elevated beds are usually made with mesh material to enable proper heat dissipation. This type of dog bed though may not be suitable for old and aging dogs.
5 Best Dog Beds to buy:
Selecting the right bed for your dogs can go a long way in improving its health and lifespan. That is why we have chosen to bring you the top five options for your dogs to cuddle in at night.
1. Big Barker 7″ Pillow Top Orthopedic Dog Bed
Orthopedic dog bed is fully designed for the comfort of your dogs. It provides your favorite pet with a place to rest after a long day of work.
Some of its beautiful features include:
- An headrest for maximum comfort
- Easy to clean
- Orthopedic and extremely durable
- Friends Forever Orthopedic Dog Bed
These orthopedic beds once chosen will be forever friends with your dogs, no matter how old your dog eventually gets.
Here are just a few reasons you should consider them:
- These beds are best suited for dogs weighing over 32 pounds.
- Their full range orthopedic nature allows them to provide the best support for your big dogs.
- The bed are bound to provide 100% satisfaction and comfort for your dogs
- These beds are resilient and completely resistant to wear.
- K&H Pet Products Self-Warming Lounge Sleeper Pet Bed
This self-warming bed with a layer of metalized insulation provides your dog all the coziness and warmth it needs. Your dog will fall in love with it. Here are some of the features that make it one of the best for you.
Some of the top features include:
- They are available in 2-3 color combinations
- Self-warming qualities: With these beds, your dog doesn’t have to worry about the cold floors or surrounding temperature.
- These beds can be so easily washed.
- They are totally ecofriendly- made from recycled materials of plastics.
- Milliard Quilted Padded Orthopedic Dog Bed
In the world of orthopedic dog beds, Milliard Quilted Padded Orthopedic Dog Bed continues to remain one of the best.
Some of its amazing features include:
- A thick pillow top cover that increases comfort for your dogs
- Ease of cleaning
- Orthopedic support for your dogs
- Kuranda Dog Bed – Chewproof
These beds are easily one of the best in the market for several reasons.
Here are some of the unique qualities that make them an extremely valuable and great choice for your dogs:
- Resilience: These beds are one of the toughest beds in the market. They are made up of high strength PVC that provides great traction.
- They are elevated: Kuranda chewproof beds’ elevated nature saves your dogs from lots of joint conditions and issues that would have otherwise worried them if they slept on the floor, or other beds without elevations.
- Chewproof: Their most notable properties is none other than the fact that these beds are completely chewproof. If your dog has got a skill for chewing through pillows, furniture and every other thing it can sink its teeth in, then it is in for quite a challenge. Why? Because these beds won’t bulge no matter the tricks your dog tries.
Getting a great bed for your dog goes a long way in improving not only their health conditions but also their overall performance. So if you’re planning to get your dog the best, then you should consider going for anyone you most prefer on this list.